Burna Boy is a Nigerian singer and composer who specializes in afro-fusion music. This page discusses Burna Boy’s net worth, biography, accomplishments, and ascent to prominence in the music industry.
Burna Boy is a Nigerian singer and composer who specializes in afro-fusion music. He is the founder and CEO of the Spaceship Entertainment record company and is well-known both internationally and locally.
|Birth name||Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu|
|Date and place of birth||2 July 1991 (age 28)Port HarcourtNigeria|
|Labels||SpaceshipBad HabitAtlanticWarner Music|
|Alma mater||Corona Secondary School, Agbara|
Burnaboy was born Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu on the 2nd of July 1991 in Ahaoda, Rivers State, Nigeria. He is the first child of Mr and Mrs Ogulu.
Benson Idonije, his grandfather, was Fela Kuti’s manager. Burna Boy began his musical career at the age of ten.
He produced songs with the help of his peers’ FuityLoops program.
Burna Boy created a music band during his secondary school years and played at shows. He continued his schooling in London but dropped out due to his passion for music.
Burna Boy’s mother saw his dedication to music and landed him an internship at a radio station. Burnaboy made it a point to visit the studio after work and record tunes.
Burnaboy always kept a generator in the trunk of his car as a backup in case the studio’s power supply failed.
The Ascendancy of Burna Boy
Burna boy rose to prominence in the music industry in 2012, following the release of the chart-topping track ‘Like to Party’ off his self-titled debut album L.I.F.E.
They sold 40,000 copies of their debut album L.I.F.E. on its first day.
Additionally, they sold its marketing rights to Uba Pacific for a total of ten million naira. The album was produced by Leriq.
Burnaboy also got appearances from 2face, M.I, Reminisce, Wizkid, Timaya, and Olamide on the album.
By listening to the songs of King Sunny Ade and Bob Marley, you can discern apparent similarities to Fela Kuti’s. L.I.F.E. was hailed by music critics.
Additionally, the album debuted at number seven on the Billboard Reggae Albums Chart that year.
Burna Boy and Spaceship Entertainment
Burna boy quit Aristokrat Records in 2014 and founded his own label, Spaceship Entertainment, in 2015.
Burnaboy released his sophomore album, ‘On a Spaceship,’ on November 25th, 2015. Burnaboy then released his third studio album, Outside, on January 26th, 2018.
Outside was dubbed a mixtape by Burna boy due to its eclectic combination of Afro-beats, dancehall, reggae, and road rap.
Leriq, Baba Stiltz, Jae 5, Juls, Chopstix, Steel Banglez, Fred Gibson, Phantom, and FTSE produced Outside. In February 2018, the album debuted at number three on the Billboard Reggae Albums chart.
Burna Boy collaborated with Los Angeles-based electronic duo DJDS on a four-track EP titled Steel & Copper on March 21st, 2019.
Burna Boy’s Endorsement Deals
As is customary for Nigerian singers to serve as brand ambassadors for businesses, Burna boy is not exempt from endorsements. Burnaboy has partnered with Globacom, Nigerian Breweries Plc, and Mortell Cognac as brand ambassadors.
Burna Boy’s Net Worth
Apart from becoming a global music celebrity, Burna Boy has sponsorship deals with Globacom, Star Lager beer, and others.
Burnaboy’s gigs are always sold out, both domestically and internationally – a lucrative source of revenue.
As a result, it is reasonable to assume that he has a substantial net worth. Burna Boy’s net worth is estimated to be in the neighborhood of $10 million.
Burna Boy’s Affluence and Cars
Burna Boy is a fan of showy, high-quality, and opulent items, which is reflected in his fleet of automobiles. Burnaboy’s array of vehicles includes a Mercedes Benz worth more than 20 million Naira, a Range Rover Sports worth more than 18 million Naira, a G-wagon, and a Lexus salon 2015.
|On a Spaceship||2015|
Burna Boy’s Nominations
- Nominated at The Headies for Next Rated in 2013.
- Best R&B Single Nominee at the Headies 2014.
- Nominated L.I.F.E. at the Headies as the Best R&B/Pop Album in 2014.
- He was Hip Hop World Revelation of the Year nominee at the Headies 2014.
- L.I.F.E. was nominated for the Album of the Year at the Headies 2014.
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated him for the Best Pop Artist of the Year in 2015.
Burna Boy’s Awards
- Best New Act of the Year at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2013.
- South Music Awards named his song “Like to Party” as Best Pop in 2013.
- MTV Africa Music Awards honoured him as the Best New Act in 2014.
- L.I.F.E. was named Best Album of the Year at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2015.
- He was nominated for YouTube artist on the rise in 2018.
- ‘Ye’ was named as Listener’s Choice at the Soundcity M.V.P. Awards Festival in 2019.
- At the Soundcity M.V.P. Awards Festival, Ye was named the Song of the Year in 2019.
- He was named Best Male M.V.P. at the Soundcity M.V.P. Awards Festival in 2019.
- African Artiste of the Year at the Soundcity M.V.P. Awards Festival in 2019.
- Best International Act at the B.E.T. Awards 2019.
- Apple Music Up Next Artist in July 2019.