People have been on the lookout for ways to save WhatsApp status video and pictures ever since the social media platform introduced Snapchat-like status updates back in February. As expected, the Status-update feature was met with a mixed response, but many people appear to have embraced it.
One can’t help but laugh at some of the hilarious WhatsApp status updates that millions of people post every day. Since then, the desire to learn how to save WhatsApp status videos and pictures has grown, but few have found a way around this, and most people still have to ask their contacts who uploaded these Statuses to send them.. Isn’t it possible that you could save these videos and photos to your own computer?
Save WhatsApp Status Videos and Pictures on iPhone/Android
Method 1 – Android
Your WhatsApp status videos and photos are stored in a secret location, and you can’t find them. You must act quickly after viewing these images and videos, as they vanish from the folder after a short period of time. Save WhatsApp status videos and images by following the steps outlined in this article.
Install the File Manager for Android app on your phone or tablet to get started.
Open the File Manager, tap on the menu, and select Settings from the drop-down menu. Toggle off the Hide system files button on the left after scrolling down.
The previously concealed folders and files are now visible. WhatsApp saves the Status Videos and Pictures you’ve watched in one of these folders.
From the File Manager, navigate to your phone’s memory and look for a folder named WhatsApp. Navigate to the Media section and press the .Statuses
As shown below, the .Statuses folder contains the most recent Statuses you’ve viewed.
Because the folder is hidden by default, you must move the status videos and photos you wish to save permanently to a non-hidden folder, such as the picture or videos folder.
Android – Method 2.
The Status Saver app, developed by the guys at Status, enables you to save Whatsapp status images and videos directly to your phone. Here is a link to the Google Play store where you can download the app.
- To use the app, you must first view the status of your contacts.
- Open the Status Saver app and tap on the status you wish to save (video or image).
- Tap the “+” sign.
- To download, tap on the Download icon (arrow pointing downward). Additionally, you can share with friends by clicking the Share button (first icon).
- Status Saver will not save or share your personal information.
How to Download and Save WhatsApp Status Videos and Images on an iPhone.
Method 1 – iOS
This requires a BuildStore subscription, which we will discuss further.
- Uninstall the original WhatsApp application from your iPhone.
- Create an account on BuildStore to register your iPhone.
- To install WhatsApp ++, open your Safari browser and click here.
- Launch WhatsApp++ and create an account with a valid phone number.
- Navigate to the section of WhatsApp stories.
- To download, tap the button in the top right corner and then select a location to save the file.
WhatsApp Pocket is a data recovery application that includes a feature for saving WhatsApp status videos and images. It is a desktop application that is available for Windows and Mac.
Install WhatsApp Pocket on your MacBook.
Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer using the app.
Select your device and begin scanning in WhatsApp Pocket. Wait until the scan is complete.
WhatsApp chats, including attachments such as images and videos from your contacts, will be displayed. Updates on the status.
Select and preview the WhatsApp chats and statuses you desire.
Click the “Export Attachment” button and specify a location for the file.
This is how you can save WhatsApp Status videos and images on your iPhone or Android device.