Public research university Tilburg University was founded in 1927, with a focus on social and behavioral sciences; economics; law and business; theological studies, and humanities. It has both Dutch- and English-taught programs.
Why Tilburg University?
It is the goal of the university to discover solutions to the most pressing problems that we confront as a society by connecting diverse disciplines. As a result, they will be well-equipped to further develop their abilities, expand their knowledge, and contribute to the community.
Students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who are accepted into one of the school’s English-taught Bachelor’s programs (i.e. BA/BSc Liberal Arts and Sciences, BSc Online Culture: Art, Media, and Society, or BSc Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence) can apply for one of three scholarships for the 2020/2022 academic year.
School of Humanities and Digital Sciences
Worth of SCHOLARSHIP Award
The TSHD Scholarship for Academic Excellence is a partial tuition remission for non-EEA students in undergraduate programs.
With a tuition cost of € 8.800, the amount for 2020/2022 will be € 6.657, resulting in a tuition charge of € 2,143 for the academic year 2020/2022.
Number of Awards
You must meet the following entrance requirements, in addition to the usual requirements for admission to the Bachelor’s degree, to be eligible for a Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences Scholarship for Academic Excellence:
- Candidates must have been accepted (conditionally) to a Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences English-taught
- Bachelor’s degree for the academic year 2020-2022.
- Candidates must have excelled in their secondary school studies. As a guide, the student must have received a 7.5 (out of 10) aver
- age or be in the top 10% of their class.
- You can give us a statement from your secondary school institution stating that you were in the top 10% of your class or with your av
- erage grade to demonstrate that you are an exceptional student. If your average grade is listed on your transcript of records, this
- step is not essential.
- Candidates must be citizens of a country that is not part of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- The Scholarship Application Form must be completed and submitted by candidates.
- Tilburg University students must be fresh to the university.
At a tuition charge of € 8.800, the amount will be € 6.657, resulting in a tuition fee of € 2,143 for the academic year 2020/2022.
How to Apply
To be considered for a TSHD Academic Excellence Scholarship, you must:
- Download the Scholarship Application Form.
- State in the application form that you graduated with an average result of at least 7.5 (out of 10) during your secondary education, by providing a transcript of records and/or proof that you belong to the top 10% of your class.
- Submit the Scholarship Application Form together with your application package for the English-taught Bachelor’s program before the Scholarship deadline
Deadline: application closes April 1, 2022.